Wants to start your own money-making blog?
Most people want to earn money through their blog. But due to lack of knowledge, it is not possible for them.
Most of the beginners think that website making is difficult and need lots of coding, time and money and they become confused from where to start.
Starting your blog is not a difficult task. It depends on your passion and how much time you give to your passion.
In this article, we discuss how to create the WordPress blog.
Why should you use WordPress?
WordPress is a CMS (Content Management System) built on PHP and My SQL, and it is open-source software. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform and millions of the websites are powered by WordPress.
To create a website we need coding to avoid coding we need scripts one of which is WordPress.
Some of you know about WordPress also read its advantages but didn’t know how WordPress works and how it installs on a website/blog. It is due to the absence of domain or hosting.
- Free (You have to pay for domain and hosting only)
- Open source
- Easy to install
- Easily customization
- Free themes
- Free plugins
- SEO friendly
- Very easy to use
Things You should know before you start a Blog
What is a blog?
A Blog is website or web page which contains useful information, and that information can be seen anywhere on the internet. Information provided by a blog can be in any form like text, audio, and videos, etc.
The requirement to create your website/blog:
- Domain name (name and address of your site/blog).
- Hosting account (Online storage which stores your website/blog data).
Domain name is part of a network that identifies particular website like risingidiot.com, facebook.com, and other websites. It’s like a phone number. Domain name is also the address of a website. The domain name of two websites cannot be same. As you know there are many types of domain are present on the internet like:
.gov (used by government agencies )
.in, .pk, .uk ( these are the country code top-level domain), and other types of domain.
Hosting or web host:
A web host is an online storage which stores your website/blog data. Data can be of any type; it can contain text, audio, video, etc. Every website needs hosting to store data. You can start with Siteground(70% off), Bluehost & Hostgator.
- Lightning speed
- Free site/Blog Migration
- Incredible customer support
- Reasonable prices
- Free SSL certificate
- One click installations of WordPress
- 30 days Money back Guarantee
Steps to Signup and buy Hosting for Siteground:
- Go to Siteground homepage and click on Signup.
2. Select Hosting Plan:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now.
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple sites and the SuperCacher that significantly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed.
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration.
3. Choose Domain:
If you want to buy a new domain, you can buy from Siteground for $14.95/year.
If you already have purchased a domain name click on I already have a domain and fill the details. Siteground provides free website transfer.
4. Review & Complete your order:
How to install WordPress?
- Login to your hosting CPanel. Find Softaculous app installer. Click on it.
- You see many icons one of which is WordPress. Click on it.
- After clicking on WordPress a page is open like this. Then click on install now
- You have to select the protocol. If you have SSL certificate installed then you should choose https://www otherwise choose http://www from options.
- Now it will ask you to choose the domain name, add admin username, password, and email address. Fill admin email address carefully because you will get notifications and password reset options in case you forgot your username/password.
- Then hit the install button.
- It will take few minutes to install and it will show you confirmation message after successful installation and it will also provide you administrative URL by which you can customize your Website/Blog
Install theme and edit your blog:
Theme play an important role on a website. A good looking website attracts the user. So make your blog beautiful as it possible.
How to install themes:
- OpenWordPress dashboard.
- At left-hand side click Appearance>theme>Add new
- You can see many themes also you can install one of them on your WordPress blog. You can also upload another theme on your blog simply Appearance>theme>add new.
At left-hand side click on Plugins. A page is open like this
There are two way to install plugins
- Upload Plugin
- Search and Install plugins which are present in WordPress directory.
Other Helpful posts:
- Fastest SEO optimized Theme to improve search engine rankings
- Plugins you should install after creating your blog
- How to protect your blog from Hackers
- List of best social sharing plugin for WordPress
- Best related post plugin to increase user engagement
- How to find low competition keywords to increase organic traffic
If you want to start your own blog/website and you don’t have much technical knowledge then WordPress would be the best option for you. It can save your lots of time and money.