Have you ever got a feeling that you have killed your blog?
And all your hard work has gone in vain and there is only one option left to start over again.
This is how I was feeling when I broke my blog. My blog was down for approximately 5 hours.
I have tried everything that I could do but nothing was working for me. At last Softaculous backup helped me to revive my blog.
Let me tell you what happened:
Everything was working perfectly, but one day when I deactivated the plugin and sh*t happened.
My blog was showing internal 500 error. I have tried every possible solution that I know. But nothing worked for me.
And the worst part is:
Unfortunately I was using the hosting that doesn’t provide free automatic backups. And also I don’t have created any manual backups.
So I quickly logged in to hosting C panel, searched for the backup and restored it and then my blog was live again.
Then I decided to write a post about it.
In this post you will learn:
- What is Softaculous?
- How to backup your blog data with Softaculous?
- Steps to restore Softaculous
- How to set up automatic backup using Softaculous?
What is Softaculous?
Softaculous is an auto installer that allows to install scripts with just one click. And you can find on your hosting C panel.
Softaculous supports 200+ scripts along with WordPress.
If you want to install a script on your site you just need to click few buttons. Softaculous will do all the works like uploading files and creating tables.
In short, it makes your work and life easy. For more detail, you can check out: Here
Softaculous Backup: Step By Step Guide
Here is step by step guide to create complete WordPress backup and you can use it to restore your blog anytime.
And the best part is:
You can use the Softaculous backup to create the automatic backup.
How to backup your site with Softaculous:
1. Login to your hosting Cpanel.
2. Head over to Softaculous App installer and click on it.
3.Now click on all installation.
4. Click on backup icon.
5. Select what you want to backup. You can backup WordPress directory and database.
6. Now click on Backup Installation. It will take 3-4 minutes to complete the process.
On completion, it will show screen something like the image below. And you can access backup location by clicking on backups.
How to Restore Softaculous Backup:
Once you have created the complete backup of your site, you can restore it anytime.
Softaculous allows you to restore your site if you broke it in any case.
Here are the steps which you need to follow:
1. Login to your Hosting Cpanel and click on Softaculous app installer.
2. Click on Backup and Restore.
3. Click on the restore option at front of the backup file. All your data will be back up within few minutes.
From here you can also download the backup to your local drive.
How to Enable Automatic Backup?
In fresh WordPress installation:
You can enable automatic backup during the installation process.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Login to Cpanel and click on the WordPress Icon in Softaculous app installer.
2. Click on Install Now.
3. In next step, it will ask you to select the domain, name of your blog, admin name, and password etc.
At bottom, you will find Advanced Options click on it. Made changes according to your need.
There are options for daily weekly and monthly backup. If you want the daily backup you can choose daily backup.
In Backup rotation option choose how many backups you want to keep.
If you set 1 backup rotation then it can store most 1 backup. Means your old backup will be replaced with fresh one.
4. Click on install. Now your WordPress is installed with fully automated backup.
In existing WordPress installation:
If you have installed WordPress earlier and wants to enable automatic backup then follow these steps:
1. Login to your hosting C panel and click on WordPress icon on Softaculous app installer.
2. Scroll down you will see existing WordPress installs. Now click on edit details.
3. Now you can enable the automatic backup option from there.
4. Finally, click on save installation details.
If your hosting doesn’t provide free automated backup then you can use Softaculous backup.
You can use other WordPress backup plugins for backing up your blog. But there is no demerit of using the Softaculous backup. And by using this you will be on safer side.
If you have found this post helpful then spread the words by share it with other.